Starting 2012

One quarter of the year done and 2 races complete.

Surf City Marathon was awesome!  My friend Erik had competed a 4:29 marathon in San Jose and provided the motivation for me to beat the mark.  I trained using Runner's World Smart Coach app and scorched the course in 4:14.  I knocked about 28 minutes of my best ever time. I took my son Teddy to the race with me and we stayed at the Hyatt (right by starting line). I think he had a good time, and I was glad to have the company.
Two weeks later, I had Rocky Road 50M.  There was a 100 mile option, but I didn't think I would be ready - good choice.  I started to get a little cold/flu the week of the race and did not feel 100%.  Oh well give it a shot.  The course looped, and I got to see lots of friends - Joey, Ron, Raymond - but the race started to drag out.  I finished in 13:34 which was about 3 hrs longer than I planned.  No real complaints, just not feeling good.  Definitely in my mind for my next buckle attempt.  It was easy in and out - no hotel needed.  Great Volunteers.

Comments

Popular Posts