PCT 50

Well I made it. 50 miles on the Pcific Crest Trail. I took the early start option again to buy some extra time in case I needed it. It turned out that I did need it. I started in the dark and went under the I-8 freeway. We climbed and climbed.  14:14 later, I finished.

I went out pretty conservative, but I really lost track of time.  I think I needed more gels.  My mind really began to wander and I got pretty depressed.  I was minutes from making/missing the last cutoff point and I really didn't care I thought "a ride back would be sooooo nice."  But I hustled down to the aid station and grabbed some water and left in time.

With about 4 miles to go, I began to pick up the pace a little.  I used a lot of the early start time already and did not want to lose credit for all the work I put in.
I got good video on you tube that shows a variety of the terrain.

PCT video play list

Here is the Garmin Data

PCT 50M by lamesamike at Garmin Connect - Details




Comments

Popular Posts