Training for Noble Canyon

My first attempt at a 50k was my best, so far. 7:52. I felt pretty good until the last 10 miles when I was plagued with abdominal issues.

I was convinced due to intense research that my abdominal issues were nutrition related and began to test many solutions. The following year, I had severe cramps. Now to be fair, my second year at Noble Canyon was 4 and ½ months after knee surgery. I was not in as good of condition as the previous year. It was a struggle to finish in 9:09.

My third attempt:

I have completed the SF Marathon 4:49 and AFC half marathon 2:01. I am running 30 miles a week average. I am feeling pretty good. Hopefully I have conditioning and nutrition working correctly.

The big factor this year is the heat. It has been difficult running long trail runs due to the heat. I have tried to acclimate as much as possible, but it’s tough when all year has been cool and then all of a sudden it’s hot.

I can't wait to toe the line.

Comments

Popular Posts