Thank You Volunteers

I would like to thank the aid station volunteers. All of them were super helpful and friendly. I probably would have died of thirst without them. This year’s Noble Canyon 50K was hot. I don’t think it was actually 100 degrees, but it felt like it in some parts of the course. The official temp that I found at Mt. Laguna was 77 degrees which it might have been at the top – but it was oven hot in the lower canyons.

I train by myself all the time without the help of “aid stations.” I have to carry everything I want to eat and drink. I can carry up to 1.09 gallons of fluids with my Camelback Mule (100oz) and REI 2 bottle pack (40 oz). Usually that is enough to make 20 miles or so.

During the Noble Canyon 50K this year, I drank approximately 3.2 gallons. Almost 3 times what I normally carry. Thank you volunteers for standing by with the life saving fluids. I came into each aid station and asked for my bottles to be refilled with water and Gatorade. The volunteers filled them while I grazed on the other goodies. I had M&Ms, Fritos, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Bananas, boiled potatoes, various gels, peanuts and chips. I could not have carried all that stuff, and the promise of more stuff at the next station really kept me going when times were tough.

Thank you very much

Comments

Popular Posts